Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Samhain

I didn't do a full ritual, but with two passings in the family this year, I felt I must do something.  So, I set an altar and read the following.

Hail to Our God and Goddess

We send you blessing along with a hug
May this special night be filled with love
We welcome spirits and ancestors this night
As we celebrate surrounded by light
We remember the sad times and the blessings too
As the wheel ever turns, make it sacred to you
A blessed Samhain to one and to all
Old or young, short or tall
May love and blessings be sent to thee
As it is writ
So mote it be.

2 comments:

  1. Holidays would get pretty hectic if we did full rituals for all of them (Heck, there are 8 of them! Or 21 if you count the esbats.). Pretty poem. I hope you had a lovely Samhain. :)

    ReplyDelete