Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I'm Still Standing

I looked today, and found it so hard to believe, the last time I made my presence known here.   I wish I was coming here, to make comments of the pleasant kind, but that is not true.

Since, last we met, both of my furry babies, have crossed the rainbow bridge.  To say, this has not been a good year for me, would be an understatement.

I have lived furry free, for the first time, in my adult life.  For the life of me, I can not understand, why people would actually choose to do that.  Pets make it worth it, to get up in the morning.  They make coming home, after a long time gone, a pleasure.  They are always happy to see you.  They are the epitome of love and admiration.

This town, lost a young man, named Ian Jenkins, in May of this year.  His motto Have A Purpose.  I have been breathing for more decades than Ian, and never for one moment, realized my purpose.  I knew that I should have one, as everyone should have one, however I did not know what it was.  No S titled book could spell it out for me.  No movie could help point me in the right direction.

Today, looking down at the face, of the newest furry member of my family, and trying to convince her, that she is safe here.  I realized, what Ian realized oh so long ago.  My purpose, is to give a voice and a safe harbour to those of the furry four legged kind.  They give me a reason for being.  They are my reason for standing.

I hope with all my hope, that each of you reading this, is still standing, and doing so, with a purpose.









No comments:

Post a Comment